Friday, November 2, 2007

Nonna Maria (Grandma Maria)



Wednesday was a wonderful day. My friend Vanessa and I visited a little old lady from church and had a blast. We had just eaten 2 bowls of pasta before we went and boy was that a mistake! As soon as we walked in the door to Maria's house she sat us down and made us eat. She brought out eggplant, carrots, bread and cheese, and of course dessert. By the time we were finished Vanessa and I thought our stomaches were going to explode because we were so full.

Vanessa and I decided it was time to leave because we had some other stuff to do so we began putting our coats and scarfs on and Maria asks us if we want to take a nap. We kindly turned down the offer and she looks at us and says oh so sweetly, "I get offended when you tell me no." So of course we took off our coats and laid down on the bed! She bundled us up in blankets and fluffed our pillows, turned off the lights, and left the room! It was one of the best naps I've ever had.

When we woke up an hour and a half later she made us coffee, and gave us more food to cook for dinner and also gave us the blankets we took a nap with. I cannot believe how giving Italians are! She gave me and Vanessa 3 blankets that she made, a coat for me that she made, a necklace, and dinner! AMAZING!! She is one of the nicest little old ladies I've ever met. I'm so thankful for her and really enjoyed my afternoon at her house. I'll defiantly be visiting there again!

On Monday I went to a beautiful little city called Lucca. It's a little of an hour train ride away and it's one of the prettiest places I've ever been to. I went with Brian, my teammate, and two girls from Australia. The pictures above are a couple that I took during my visit. Thought you might enjoy! :)

6 comments:

AIMing in Africa said...

Hopefully you won't be "defiantly" visiting there again, but you should definitely go back.
I like people like that and those pictures are beautiful.
Love you.
Logan.

Anonymous said...

Hey Reesie!!!

That's it! No more pictures!! I don't want to see anything else that looks like it is a painting!! Unbelievable! I've decided I want to live under that tree....down that road..any tree...I'm not pickey! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! I'll try to call you soon!
xxooxo..Kimmy
keep the "prissy" in your prayers..she is having a hard time recovering from this tonsilectomy thing!

Unknown said...

Kimberly Charise,
I Love You and Miss You so much. Thankyou God that you have given me a daughter that I am able to share all over the world. Sounds like your little lady you met might just be a "Nanny" in Italian discuise :) I think about you all the time!!! Mom

Unknown said...

Hey Reesie,
I am so proud of me. I figured out (finally) how to do this blog thing. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? Love you so much. Keep sending the pictures and the stories. It makes me (probably all of us) feel closer to you, kinda like we're in Italy too! Well, that is a little extreme, but you know what I mean!!!:) Love you sweets!!! Mom

Zane said...

Hey Reesie...

Great, great story! After eating until I couldn't eat another bite Grandma Cornelison would ask me if I wanted more. I'd say, "No, I'm too full." And she'd say, "Awwww. You didn't like it." So I'd eat some more. I think I like Nonna Maria.

We'll have to put Lucca on our list, eh?

I love you!
Dad

Anonymous said...

Dear Charise,

I miss seeing your smiling face around here, but think of you being there as my "sharing Charise" with Italy. My favorite places in Italy were Florence and Venice--enchanting. Wish I had a ticket in my hand to come over too. Love you!