Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hope

Yesterday I had a Bible study with one of my teammates, Vanessa, at our favorite Cafe. This place is wonderful. The pastries are big and their Cappuccinos are amazing! Anyway, we're studying 1 and 2 Thessalonians and it has been so encouraging. We were reading through chapter 4 and came upon verse 16-18. It really touched me and almost brought me to tears. It's so wonderful to know that someday we WILL be in heaven with our Lord. He is going to take us up into heaven and we will dwell with Him there for eternity. PRAISE GOD!!! I find such joy in knowing that we won't be on earth forever.
Now, I have a confession to make. I've been having hard time lately and I haven't been handling it very well. I've spent too much time sleeping and being lazy. I've just been doing what I want and not what I need to be doing. It's just a little funk that I've been in and I'm trying my hardest right now to get out of that funk. That's where this verse has helped me. The end of it says to "encourage one another with these words" and that's what I'm going to do. There are way to many people out there that don't know about the hope that we have in Christ Jesus and it's time to get out there and tell them. It's defiantly harder to do it when you don't speak the same language but that will come with practice and time. Love is the greatest way of speaking to people. Just a simple smile can make a persons day and give them a bit of hope.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. Therfore comfort one another with these words."

6 comments:

AIMing in Africa said...

What? You never sleep away your problems!
I'm glad that it's hard. I'm glad I have hard times.
I hope you get over them, though.
Keep growing.
Love you, too.

charley z said...

Hi Charise,

I'm glad that I receive your posts.
I am so proud of you for making the commitment you have made and working through the tough times. Good that Zane is coming soon.

I am just getting back up to speed after having four stents placed in my main heart artery.
Love you,
Grampa Charley

Peter Davidson said...

Yea, come unto Christ -- come and see!

http://wetestifyofchrist.blogspot.com/

john keese said...

charise, make sure you take some time for yourself. 3 or 4 days recuperating is fine - and biblical. Jesus had to take time to himself where he could relax and meditate with only Himself and God.

burnout is a real thing, take measures to avoid it.

God is doing great things in you and the people around you.
-john

Zane said...

Hey Reesie...

So the Spirit spoke to you, eh? Answered a prayer I bet. Excellent! I'm glad you're feeling stronger. I'll be there in less than two months. Dude!

I love you!
Dad

Unknown said...

Hi Charise,

I'm so glad to hear from you! I saw your address in the Netherwood bulletin and saved it with the thought of sending you a card, but now with your handy blog I can send encouragement more easily. You are in our prayers. Great Grandma says, "Hello." We love you and we are so pleased you are a servant of God in Italy.

Love, Virginia